Imaging Group

Welcome to LAS Forum and Discussion Board

Imaging Group

Postby meteorgw » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:10 pm

Many thanks to Mick for his presentation on an introduction to digital imaging. The talk covered the use of a DSLR camera with its standard lens for imaging the night sky, including star trails, aurorae and constellations showing the techniques of simple stacking and processing. The discussion also included capture and processing software, some of which is available free. I am relatively new to digital photography and really looking forward to learning more about how to produce stunning deep sky images like Mick's. There were about 8 of us there last night and Glyn had to send his apologies. Don't be put off if you are without a digital camera, the Society has a basic camera that can be used at the telescope and other members will bring their own along so that you can see how it is done before commiting to any expenditure. See you at the next IG in 2 weeks. Graham
meteorgw

Re: Imaging Group

Postby TheChairMan » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:22 am

This was certainly an enjoyable evening.

There were loads of examples of what can be achieved and great advice based on personal experience on how to get them yourself.
TheChairMan

Postby TheChairMan » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:35 am

Another very enjoyable and informative evening.

Learning about the importance of a good telescope/camera mount certainly put right a few misconceptions I had prior to presentation.

I recommend Members get maximum value out of their membership subsciption by attending.

Non-members can leave a suitable donation.

Next Imaging Group in 2 weeks time.
TheChairMan

Postby TheChairMan » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:13 am

Thursday 10th April 2014:

Again another very informative evening with many great examples including equipment.

The next meeting in 2 weeks builds on this one and discusses image processing techniques.

Starts at 1930.
TheChairMan

Return to LAS Forum